The Caravan aims to communicate and engage the public and private sector on the various programs and projects of the Office of the Ombudsman to further build a broad-based strategic partnership of all anti-corruption stakeholders. It will specifically involve key government agencies, local government unit (LGUs), private institutions, academic institutions, the business sector, development partners, peoples’ organizations (POs), civil service organizations (CSOs), non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and the general public. The Caravan will last for one year after its launch on a nationwide scale. Supported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and other development partners, the Caravan will be composed of the following initial activities:
- Public Governance Fora. A public dialogue that will bring together multi-sectoral practitioners, champions and advocates of good governance and anti-corruption.
Issues, Challenges and Resolutions on Fighting Corruption : From a Stakeholder’s Perspective
The Private Sector by Mr. Guillermo M. Luz
The Business Sector by Mr. Nelly M. Coralde
The Media by Ms. Marites Danguilan Vitug
The Fiduciary by Ms. Normita L. Villaruz
- The Ombudsman Integrity Lecture Series. A series of lectures on various good governance and anti-corruption topics to be delivered by distinguished personalities from the local and global community.The Important Role of Civil Society in the Battle Against Corruption – The Indonesia Experience
- University Integrity Tour. This integrity roadshow is specifically designed to build the foundations of good governance and anti-corruption in the country’s educational system. It will showcase the various programs and projects through mini-lectures, audiovisual presentations and photo exhibits in several universities nationwide.
- Barangay Integrity Fora. A knowledge sharing and public exchange among barangay officials on ethical standards, good governance and public accountability. The seminar will cover relevant and timely topics such as but not limited to the roles, functions and programs of the Ombudsman, and an orientation on the United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC).
- Integrity Development Contest. Another activity for students at various levels aimed at introducing them to the fundamentals of good governance and anti-corruption through creative means including essay-writing, poster-making and short video production.
Entry Forms :
Essay Writing Contest
Poster Design Contest
Download List of Winners here…